For creating a new placement, click on the “Create Placement” option. A form will appear as presented below. After filling out the necessary information, click on the “Save” button so the placement is successfully added into the system and listed in the publisher’s placements list. Information on this form:
- Name – name of the placement
- Tracking Type – this should be set to “Ad Server” unless you are setting up a link tracker or using VAST tags for video ads
- Cost Metric – options: CPM, CPC, CPA, Flat Rate, None. With this drop down list you are defining the cost metric for this placement
- Cost Rate – specify the price rate that should be paid per view, click, or accquistion for that placement
- Click Tracking – options: Raw, Unique. With this option you define how the number of clicks for one IP address will be counted. If you choose the “Raw” option, all clicks are counted, regardless of the IP address they come from. If you choose the “Unique” option, all clicks from the same IP address are counted as one click depending on the amount of time you designate
- Unique Click TTL – this option is only shown if you choose “Unique” click tracking. In this text box, you specify the number of hours you want a unique click tracking option to be valid, or rather for how long the clicks coming from a single IP address will be counted as a single click. The default value for this option is 24 hours
- Opens new window – this option allows ads to be opened in a new window. To enable, check the “Open New Window” box
- Placement Type – all template sizes are listed in this drop-down menu. If you don’t see the placement size you’d like to use, you’ll need to create a new one. This is done in the “Placement Sizes” tab located in the left drop down menu. Simply click “Create New Placement Size” and input the desired width and height.
- Initial Ad Group Type – options: Text Ads, Display/Banners, or Video Ads. With this drop down list you are defining the initial ad group type. If you’d like to rotate different types of ads within a placement, you can create another ad group within the placement later on and they will automatically rotate.
- Targeting – options: Enabled, Disabled. This option allows you to enable a number of targeting options to control conditions upon which your ads will be served (such as GEO, SubID, Browser, IP Type, and Device Type to name a few)
- Ad Group Distribution Logic – this option will always show as weighted, there are no other options
- Copy Ad Groups From – to save time, you can copy the ad groups from another placement. You can only copy ad groups from other placements that have the same placement size
- Include Targeting with Copy – when checked, this enables the targeting conditions to be copied over from the selected ad group
Each placement can be edited by clicking on the “Edit Placement” button. The menu for the placement settings will appear and you will be able to modify the existing data. Here you can also enable or disable Geographical and URL Statistics. Click on the “Save” button in order to save any changes you have made.