To get to the breakdown reporting screen, click on the specific Publisher and then the specific Placement. The Breakdown Button is found in the upper right hand corner of the Placement Details Screen (in the middle of several other reporting features).
Once there you can set the date range and the ad groups to display in the results. The drop down list next to “Group Data By” sets the first level of data reporting.
The options are:
- Subid 1 – Groups data by the custom value passed in as subid 1
- Subid 2 – Groups data by the custom value passed in as subid 2
- Subid 3 – Groups data by the custom value passed in as subid 3
- Subid 4 – Groups data by the custom value passed in as subid 4
- Subid 5 – Groups data by the custom value passed in as subid 5
- Device Type – Groups data by the device type, i.e. Smartphone, Desktop, Tablet, etc.
- IP Address – Groups data by IP Address
- Referrer – Groups data by the website that the click came from
- Carrier/ISP – Groups data by the internet service provider
- Browser – Groups data by browser, i.e. Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc.
You can then pick a second grouping and third grouping. For example, if you want to breakdown data by device type and then by browser, your data would look like this.
This feature puts more data into your hands to help you make better decisions on your active campaigns. You’ll get more insight into where your conversions are coming from, and you can use this information to focus more resources on the placements/campaigns that are succeeding and less on the ones that are not. Although intuitive decision making is simplistic and quick, a lack of underlying data makes it hard for marketers to diagnose and correct problems when campaigns go bad. Instead of compounding the problem by making another bad decision, you’ll be able to drill down into the data to determine the cause of missed or won conversions, and use that info to benefit your business.